Explore the unique Mederma Scar Gel reviews to determine if it is the right skincare product for you.
In this article, I show you how Mederma Advanced Scar Gel works by exploring the before and after pictures. In addition to all these, I will also explore the ingredients and uses of this oil.
What is Mederma Scar Gel?
Mederma Advanced Scar Gel is the only, and first scar gel product topically applied once every day for about 8 weeks on new marks and for up to 6 weeks on old scars. It’s one of the popular scar treatment brands you can find.
This cream is clinically confirmed to help reduce the overall appearance, texture, and color of both new and old blemishes.
This Mederma scar gel is formulated to work miracles on acne scars, burns, cuts, surgery scars, and any other types of marks instigated by wounds.
It’s a convenient option for you because it comes with an application of one time each day.
Most pharmacists and specialists recommend this wonderful product for this kind of scars than any other brand.
Every single tube of Mederma Advanced Scar Gel comprises 52 ml or 1.76 Oz Gel targets to improve the general look, texture, and color of blemishes.
Mederma Advanced Scar Cream Ingredients
On the label of Mederma Advanced Scar Gel is a list of ingredients like Fragrance, PEG 200, Alcohol, Panthenol, Lecithin, and Bulb Extract from Allium Cepa.
Others are Purified Water, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, and Sorbic Acid.
- Allantoin 0.5% is the only active element in this cream and denotes a resilient anti-irritant component with therapeutic properties. It helps to aggravate skin responses, including irritations.
Formulas’ Inactive Ingredients include:
- PEG 200, a plastic or polymer combined with different beauty and skincare products as an increasing agent for viscosity. This component is believed to have possibly toxic manufacturing impurities that can cause serious skin reactions.
- Purified Water
- Lecithin, a popular emulsifier known to help to repair, replenish, and hydrate the skin since it contains the important fatty acid element.
- Alcohol, a common cosmetic emollient, and emulsifier shown to stimulate allergic reactions in people having very sensitive skin.
- Fragrance plays a role in provoking numerous reactions such as allergies.
- Panthenol, also referred to as Vitamin B5 has a positive influence to regenerate, soothe, moisturize, and heal the skin.
- Xanthan Gum is a personal care product’s viscosity agent.
- Sorbic Acid is the cream’s natural preservative.
- Methylparaben is usually used in this product as a preservative and also helps to prevent the growth of fungus and bacteria. It can prompt skin allergy and irritation.
- Allium Cepa, bulb extract from the Onion is clinically proven to facilitate healing of scars and stretch marks and scars. Overall, it’s a therapeutic ingredient for the skin.
- Sodium Hyaluronate is included to help replace the lost hyaluronic acid.
Uses of Mederma Advanced Scar Gel
These are some of the common uses of Mederma Advanced Scar Gel:
#1 Applied to Heal Skin Irritations and Wounds: This product has an ingredient called Allantoin that helps to cure skin irritations and wounds as well as initiate healthy tissue development.
#2 Used To Work Even Older Scar Formations: Nearly all users of Mederma Advanced Scar Gel say that it has beneficial effects on their scarred skin. There are reports claiming that it works even on existing scar formations.
#3 Applied to Achieve Visible Changes on Scars: Just like comparable skincare products, Mederma Advanced Scar Gel could be used after the skin is completely healed to help reduce the appearance of new and old scars.
Consumer reviews indicate that this cream might not be that impressive, but they use it to have visible changes after applying it for a few weeks. However, this process requires patience and more time to see any noticeable results.
Mederma Advanced Scar Gel Reviews
These are the benefits and possible side effects of using Mederma Advanced Scar Gel as reported by customer reviews:
Benefits of Mederma Scar Gel
These are the proven benefits of using this skincare product:
#1 Helpful in Improving Scar Appearance
Most consumers of this product say that it helps to a better appearance of old and new scars after weeks of use.
One customer used it to treat a new acne scar that left his face with a hideous burn. A dark mark was left on the face after the burn healed. It took less than a week to see much improvement after using it for less than two weeks.
#2 Very Effective
Some users of this cream report that helped them reduce the appearance of acne scars.
According to them, they found it very effective in dealing with such problems. After trying different similar skincare products, they did not get the expected results.
It was until they started using this product for some weeks that they experienced great visible changes in the appearance of the dark marks. In fact, it only took three days for noticeable positive transformations to come by.
Since then, they are very happy and have been using it on their old scars without any dissatisfaction. Overall, Mederma Advanced Scar Gel is believed to have a tangible effect on both new and older scars.
It can also be used on the facial area besides applying to any type of scars. Finally, this formula is the only available scar treatment that is very affordable.
Side Effects of Mederma Scar Gel
Here are the likely side effects of applying Mederma® Advanced Scar Gel:
- Although consumers of this product have noted no proven severe adverse negative effects, the producers of this cream recommend you to immediately stop using it if the scar clears up and recurs after a short period or if the skin condition worsens.
- You may notice skin discoloration, swelling, or itching.
- The ointment is also not fragrance-free because it contains a unique odor since has onion extract.
Mederma Scar Gel Before & After Results
If you look at the testimonials and photos of people before and after using Mederma Scar Gel, you will notice positive results on the reduction of scars.
Here are some of the pictures depicting the immense outcome of this product on users:
Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30
Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 could be the Marvel you have been looking for all these years.
You may be a skeptic when it comes to skincare creams that help to get rid of or reduce the appearance of dark marks on your skin.
This product works wonders by making scars look good. Its consumers claim that it’s the remedy you need for scars because it helps to make a difference you expect.
It can help you regain confidence and also improve the physical appearance of scarred skin.
Mederma Scar Gel Price
Like said before, the price of Mederma Scar Gel when compared to substitute skincare products for scar treatment, is considerably low. It is an economic product because you only need to use it once every day.
You can buy this cream from an online retailer or from your local store, and as expected, its price will differ based on where you purchase the product.
However, it shouldn’t go above $30. For instance, You can check the current price on Amazon here.