Learn how to use baking soda to whiten underarms for both men and women. Apart from examining the steps to follow during underarm whitening, I will illustrate how to use it for odor removal or as a deodorant. I hope you enjoy reading this, especially if you experience smelling sweating. Feel free to comment at the end of the post with your own testimonies.
Can I use Baking Soda Deodorant for Dark Underarms?
Well, this is a question that many people ask, more especially, those living in the hot regions of the world. The answer is Yes, you can use the baking soda for underarms and the agent shall be helpful in absorbing the bad smell, which is usually quite irritating.
In fact, there are only two reasons why people apply the baking powder underarms: to whiten their underarms and to remove the bad smell. The bad smell is usually linked to many people as a sign of poor hygiene and can be embarrassing.
However, in some individuals, no matter how hard they try to wash themselves to remove the smell, the odor remains. Therefore, experts have discovered that using the baking soda for underarm can be quite useful.
How to Use Baking Soda to Whiten Underarms
The process of applying the baking soda for underarms is vital in determining the rate of its functionality. Individuals, who apply the soda using an incorrect procedure, find themselves escalating the problem instead of healing.
Therefore, what procedure should we follow when applying the baking soda for underarms? Below are the six steps to follow (please make sure you follow them accurately to avoid delayed outcomes):
- First step: wash your underarms using clean and warm water. This process is important because it aids in removing any form of contaminant that could be present, which may hinder or lower the effectiveness of the baking soda.
- Second step: using a dry and soft towel, dry your underarms.
- Third step: prepare the baking soda paste- mix 2 teaspoons of baking soda and water in a mug. You should stir the mixture until you obtain a thick paste.
- Fourth step: Apply the baking soda paste under your underarms
- Fifth step: leave the baking soda on your underarms for more than 25 minutes
- Sixth step: Rinse off the baking soda using hand-hot water and repeat the above during your next baking soda application process.
Using Baking Soda for Underarm Odor
Having a smelly underarm may make people discriminate you! I am sure no one wants to be discriminated when they are in a meeting, class, or at a friend’s gathering to have fun. Therefore, you should try as much as possible to ensure that you remove the odor using the baking soda.
Causes of Underarm Odor
Most of the apocrine glands are typically located in the armpits, around the nipples and in the groin. These are scent glands and, in the skin, they usually contain an odor.
They are usually the main causes of underarm odor because the sweat they produce is highly concentrated with protein that the bacteria can break down so easily.
The other major cause of underarm odor is poor personal hygiene. An individual who washes his body daily may never produce the odor, but the opposite is true.
Therefore, individuals should make sure that their personal hygiene is uplifted and if the odor persists visit the medical doctor.
The doctor will then give proper recommendations on what you should do to get rid of the persistent underarm odor.
How to use Bicarbonate Soda for Underarms
Typically, the physicians advise us to make use of the bicarbonate soda as a paste when applying it to our underarms. The paste absorbs the odor and therefore, eliminating chances of discrimination by your friends.
However, to have an excellent result, you should apply the baking soda with other supplements like the apple cider vinegar.
These supplements should be added to the paste, and mixed, therefore, when you will be applying it, you shall enjoy the benefits of both the baking soda and the other supplements.
Other ways to deal with Underarm Odor
In case you have used the baking soda, and the odor isn’t gone, consider the following tips:
- Change your diet. For instance, if you used to eat chunk foods, stop eating them.
- Keep your arms dry. You can keep your arms dry by wearing a cloth that can absorb the sweat and that way you will prevent the odor.
- Use a solution of water and hydrogen peroxide. Well, I haven’t tried this, but some users praise this mixture and therefore, why not try it also!
- Wash your body each time you get home from work and in the morning before you leave. This includes washing your workout clothes, which might have absorbed the smell and could escalate it if you re-wear the cloth without washing it.
Baking Soda for an Underarm Rash
Underarm rashes can be irritating due to their itchiness. If you have such a problem, try applying the baking soda at least twice a day for four days in a week.
When applying try as much as possible to follow the correct procedure:
- Wash your underarms using water and any detergent
- Dry yourself using a soft piece of cloth or a towel
- Apply the baking soda paste that has been mixed with other supplements such as vitamin E Oil or lemon juice.
- Leave the paste on your skin for 20-40 minutes. This is meant to allow your skin to absorb the baking soda, which shall enhance the faster healing and removal of the rash from your underarms.
- Wash off the paste and apply any skin nourishing agent that you have.
- Repeat the steps in the morning and at night before you sleep, until the rashes are gone.
Citings on Baking Soda for Underarm Whitening