Read how to use baking soda for effective acne treatment. In this post, I examine how sodium bicarbonate works on acne and blemishes.
Suffering from regular cystic acne breakouts? Well, this article is for you. Finally, I will also explain how to use baking soda and honey for acne removal on the face.
Baking Soda for Oily Skin
Can I use baking soda for oily skin? Well, Yes! If you have a characteristically oily skin, you may consider using baking soda on it. Oily skin is largely responsible for the pimple and acne break outs.
Therefore, addressing the real cause of the pimples may involve targeting the oily skin even before it results in pimple eruptions.
How to Prepare and Use Baking Soda Scrub for Face
There are several ways one can prepare and use baking soda scrub for face and here are some of the popular methods and applications:
- Used as a Basic Facial
While applying this magic product on your face, make sure that your face is clean and free of any dirt or oil first. To clean your face, use warm water together with your routine face wash.
To make the facial baking soda, prepare a thick paste made from a combination of water and baking soda.
To do that, you need a ratio of one to three teaspoon(s) of water and baking soda. The two ingredients should be mixed together well to get a thick paste or a gentle exfoliator. The end product has antiseptic and anti-fungal properties and is thus, a perfect remedy for the treatment of blackheads and pimples.
Using your fingers, rub the combination on your face. Alternatively, you can as well use a damp corner of your washcloth to spread the mixture on the affected area. However, while applying the paste, avoid the sensitive areas including your mouth and eyes.
Instead, focus on your areas affected by blackheads including your nose. For about five minutes, rub the mixture on the affected area. However, massage the affected more gently not injure the area.
Using warm water, rinse your face. But, while doing so, ensure that your face mask is completely removed from your face. Be cautious to get rid of tiny grains of the paste in your eyebrows during the massage.
Using a clean and soft towel, dry your face. Never rub your face. Instead, Pat it in a gentle manner.
Thereafter, finish the process by applying your favorite toner and moisturizer. The use of a moisturizer is essential since it helps to keep your facial skin feeling and appearing soft. At the same time, the applied toner is not only necessary for ensuring that the pH balance of your skin is restored and the pores tightened.
Incorporate this process in your daily beauty care practice to have the best results. The gentle exfoliation of the paste is beneficial to your infected skin and thus helpful in restoring your original skin surface.
However, never apply the mixture on a daily basis because doing so may be lead to certain side effects. The recommended number of applications per week is between two to three times every week.
Benefits of Using Baking Soda on Skin
The benefits of using baking soda are uncountable but here some of the common ones:
- Helps to Fight Pimples and Acne
If you are interested in eliminating your stubborn pimples or acne on your face, try applying this organic product. Believe me not, your issue will easily get resolved. Baking soda is known to contain anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties needed for getting rid of both the symptoms of and effects of breakouts including pimples and acne.
Additionally, the use of this product is believed to help your skin’s pH balancing. Consequently, drastically helps to minimize the chances of skin breakouts.
- Helps to Relieve Sunburn Blisters and Sunburn
The use of baking soda paste on your skin affected by sunburn during the summer will help to remedy the problem. First, this natural product is alkaline in nature, meaning, it has a calming effect on the skin area affected by the sunburn.
As a result, the region affected by the sunburn is relieved of the resulting sensations of burning and itching. Moreover, the use of baking soda on your burned skin is recommended due to its drying mild antiseptic properties, which are known to help skin dry out blisters caused by sunburn quickly.
Side Effects of Using Baking Soda for Face Acne
Although baking soda is not known to cause any severe side effects when applied onto your skin, here are some of the potential and reported adverse negative results users of this product are likely to encounter:
- Over-drying of your Skin: Despite being a cheap alternative to the over-the-counter cosmetic products, the use of this natural mineral without carefully adhering to the recommended process can lead to your skin becoming over-dried. In the short-run, you can benefit from getting the skin oil removed. However, when applied regularly, you can notice some issues with your skin getting more than dry leading to its damage. If not well attended to, the problem can escalate into the early onset of facial wrinkles.
- Secondly, Balancing Of Your Skin’s pH Using Baking Soda For Treatment Of Acne Can Lead To Some Issues: The users of this product are advised to be careful while trying to make their skin healthier because it’s sometimes reported by its consumers to cause imbalances in your skin’s pH for acne treatment. Consequently, your skin may be negatively affected by the frequent application of this product for making your pH levels neutral.
- Causes Damage To Physical Skin: A few users of baking soda believe that it contributes to causing damage to your skin when applied to treat acne and skin pimples. In the reported cases, the consumers used the product in excessive leading to more infection of the micro skin wounds. In some instances, hyper-pigmented, thin lines can be left behind.
How Does Baking Soda Work On Acne And Blemishes?
This is how you can use baking soda to remove your stubborn facial blemishes and acne:
The problems of your skin blemishes and acne can be easily removed from your face using a mixture of water and baking soda.
Here are the systematic processes one must follow:
- In a ratio of one to two, combine water and baking water in that order.
- Make a fine paste by stirring the concoction carefully and use it on the affected parts of your face as a mask.
- However, your focus should be on the affected area when applying the paste.
- In a circular motion and for about four minutes, rub the mixture gently on the target skin area.
- Let the mixture on the skin area for between 7 and 10 minutes to work and using lukewarm water, rinse the residue off your skin.
- Get your skin dry and repeat the same process for about two times each week until you get the expected results.
Baking Soda for Acne before And After
The use of baking soda leads to a big difference in skin appearance before and after its use. Here are some of the Amazing photographs:
FAQs on Using Sodium Bicarbonate on Acne Scars
Here is the information you never knew about the use of baking soda in the beautification of your skin:
How long does it take to Clear Pimples and Acne Scars?
Under normal circumstances, application of baking soda paste on the affected skin area takes some time to fade the pimple scar, but the least duration one should expect is between 2 and 3 days.
To minimize the time taken to remove pimples and acne scars, try including fresh lemon juice in the combination.
Can I Use it for Face Exfoliation?
Of course yes, one can apply baking soda as his or her best face exfoliator. However, it shall largely depend on how the person applies the product because first, he or she must use lukewarm water to cleanse the affected area before using the paste. Eco-friendly soap must be used in this case.
Application of the thick mixture combined with a Vitamin E pill will help to exfoliate the skin after two to three minutes of the application before washing the paste off with warm water until the residue is completely removed from your skin.
Baking Soda Overnight Acne Treatment
Most users of this product ascertain that it works well when applied and left to stay on your skin overnight to help completely remove the acne. However, most doctors recommend cleansing of the mixture after use within 30minutes in maximum.
Baking Soda Cystic Acne Treatment
The best homemade product at your disposal for treatment of cystic acne is baking soda since it contains both anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties which are popular for effectively helping in the reduction of inflammation.
What the miracle organic matter does is to pull out of your skin the excess skin, impurities, and dead membrane material from the pores via exfoliation, leaving it free from the harmful bacteria known to cause cystic acne issues.
Baking Soda and Honey for Acne
Are there any baking soda and honey benefits for skin? Can I blend honey together with baking soda and create a face mask for acne treatment? Well, the answer to both questions is Yes. A blend of both sodium bicarbonate and honey can be an effective remedy for acne breakouts because of the following 2 reasons:
- Baking soda can unclog pores on the skin. Unclogged pores then minimize the chances of acne developing.
- Honey on the other hand is an effective antibacterial agent. Some pimples occur due to the infection by certain bacteria. Honey can therefore deal with such bacteria.
External Sources on Baking Soda for Acne Treatment