Whar are the common benefits of using multani mitti for hair? Other than for skin care multani mitti is very beneficial for hair treatment and management of various hair conditions. This article breaks down the uses and benefits of multani mitti for hair loss, growth and straightening. Also find out how to apply multani mitti hair pack for dandruff.
Uses and Benefits of Multani Mitti for Hair
Multani mitti as it is known in Urdu is a special type of mud is favorite beauty ingredient made of bentonite. This natural earth has the ability to remove deep set impurities without any side effects as derived from Urdu culture.
It is an effective hair cleanser and also great for strengthening hair preventing hair loss and breakage.
Here are some of the benefits of multani mitti for hair;
- Effectively absorbs oil from the hair and scalp
- Used in preparation of various hair packs
- Stimulates blood supply to the hair
- Used as a hair mask to deep condition hair
- Cleanses the scalp to remove toxins
- Makes the hair radiant
- Effective in managing dull damaged hair
Multani Mitti for Hair Loss
Multani mitti is a home remedy for hair loss. Impurities in blood supply are a major culprit in hair loss. Multani mitti works by detoxifying and cleansing the scalp which in turn promotes hair regrowth. Here is how to make an easy remedy with multani mitti for hair loss.
Ingredients for dry hair type
- 4 to 5 tsp of Multani Mitti
- 2 tsp of card or yogurt
- 1 tsp of black pepper powder
Ingredients for normal to oily hair type
- Fresh aloe vera gel
- Lemon juice
- Multani mitti powder
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl.
- Apply it to the scalp and let it dry for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with mild shampoo.
Do this three times a week. You should be able to see positive change in 4-6 weeks. To get best results, ensure your scalp is free of oil and grease before applying multani mitti to your scalp for hair loss.
Multani Mitti for Hair Growth
Multani mitti can be very drying if used alone. It is made in combination with other ingredients to make deep conditioning ingredients that leave your hair soft and manageable. It stimulates the scalp and strengthen hair roots making resulting in new hair growth.
To make a mask with multani mitti for hair growth
- Two tablespoons of reetha powder
- Two tablespoons of shikakai powder
- Two tablespoons of multani mitti powder
- Two tablespoons of amla powder
- One cup water extracted from curry leaves
How to apply multani mitti for hair growth;
- Mix all the powders in a bowl and squeeze the lemon into the mixture
- Put a handful of curry leaves in the grinder and add some water to it. After grinding it for a couple of minutes, filter the mixture and collect the water in a bowl
- Mix it with the other ingredients and keep mixing it till it becomes a smooth paste
- Apply it thoroughly on the scalp and on the hair and leave it for 1-2 hours
- Rinse it with water and then use your regular shampoo and follow it with conditioner
Here is the reason why this is the best multani mitti mask for hair growth. The different ingredients used have special properties that help in strengthening hair and promoting hair growth.
- Curry Leaves- are loaded with the goodness of Vitamin A, B, C and E. They help in reducing hair fall, promoting hair growth and also slow the process of premature graying of hair.
- Lemon- It fights dandruff, strengthens hair roots, prevents hair loss and strengthens hair. It also conditions the hair and makes it soft.
- Amla- gives natural shine to the hair and gives nourishment from root to tip. It reduces hair fall and solves the problem of dandruff.
- Multani Mitti- Treats dry hair and leaves it soft and healthy. Also helps in removing excess oil from the scalp and prevents split ends too.
- Reetha- It has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Regular use of reetha makes hair softer and shiner. It also helps in preventing dandruff and hair fall.
- Shikakai- helps in detangling hair and makes it shiny. It strengthens the roots and gives volume to hair.
Multani Mitti for Hair Straightening
Can multani mitti straighten hair? Fuller’s earth is capable of straightening your hair giving it a smooth appearance and feel. Try out this multani mitti hair pack for straightening;
- Multani mitti – 1 cup
- Rice flour- 5 tbsp
- One Egg
- Take one cup of Multani Mitti.
- Add 5 spoons of rice flour.
- Add one egg white to the mix.
- Mix them in the form of loose paste.
- Apply this pack on scalp and hair and let it sit for 5 minutes
- Comb your hair straight and let it stay on for ten minutes
- Wash off with water.
NB: The rice flour acts as a shampoo alternative while the egg white natural conditioner maintains your hair straightening.
Multani Mitti for Hair Dandruff
Multani mitti acts mildy to treat dandruff. Dandruff is a common hair problem and is a cause of hair loss and damage. To make hair mask with multani mitti to treat dandruff, these are the things you require;
- 6 table spoons of fenugreek seeds
- 4 table spoons of multani mitti clay
- A table spoon of lemon juice
- Soak fenugreek seeds in water for about 12hrs then grind the seeds in a blender.
- To the ground seeds add the Multani mitti.
- Add lemon juice to the mixture and mix all of them together to create a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on the hair scalp. Leave it for about 30 minutes to dry.
- Wash it off and condition.
Note that; both lemon juice and Fenugreek (methi) seeds are very effective in treating or preventing dandruff.
Multani Mitti Hair Pack for Oily Hair
Excess Oil in the hair can cause a little discomfort to some people. Multani mitti packs can be used to remove excess oil from the hair strands. The procedure to achieve this is:
- Mix multani mitti and water to make a simple paste.
- Apply the paste on the hair to get rid of the excess oil
- Leave it there for about 30 minutes
- wash off the paste and enjoy the feel of a less-oily hair
NB: This should be used with caution, and less frequently, to ensure the natural oils found on the hair do not get lost.
Multani Mitti Hair Pack
The benefits of using multani mitti hair packs cannot be measured. A multani mitti hair pack effectively helps to get rid of split ends and oily hairs and absorbs oil from scalp and also helps to treat dandruff. Regular application of Multani mitti hair pack will give beautiful and healthy hairs.
Here are some of the benefits of multani mitti hair pack;
- Multani mitti hair pack helps prevent split ends.
- Fullers earth makes the hair strong, silky and with shine.
- The packs can be used a home remedy for hair loss and growth.
- Deeply Conditions oily, dry or normal hair leaving it soft and very manageable.
- Removes excessive oil and toxins from scalp.
- It can be used to treat or remove dandruff and other scalp conditions
- The clay makes your hair dirt free without washing away the natural moisturizers
- It helps facilitate blood circulation.
- Regular application of multani mitti makes the hair radiant and beautiful.
- The packs can be used to remove unwanted hair from your body.
How to Apply Multani Mitti on Hair (How to Use Fuller’s Earth on Hair)
Multani mitti is a very special type of mud that has great benefits for your hair. Its use for hair care is fast becoming the new hair care craze with positive reviews from specialists and those who have used fuller’s earth for their hair.
On how to apply multani mitti on hair; apply the paste evenly on your scalp and massage in circular motions then let it sit for some time before washing it off.
How to use fuller’s earth on hair depends on the hair problem that you are trying to solve. Apply to the scalp for conditions such as dry scalp and dandruff.
For split ends and damaged hair, focus more on the shaft and the ends of the hair strands for deep cleansing, repair and conditioning.